Recently I was asked to create a list which requires staff members to provide a URL address of a Microsoft Word document that was compulsory to upload into SharePoint. In other words:
- someone uploads a document into a list into SharePoint, and then,
- they provide the URL address on a form they complete.
Although I did a screencast tutorial using Screencast-O-Matic explaining how to find the URL, I thought it would be fun to do another one in Doodlecast Pro iPad app (showing a price of 99 cents today). Here are the steps I followed:
- I captured some screenshots on my desktop and then put them into DropBox.
- I opened DropBox on my iPad and put the screenshots into my camera roll.
- I used a stylus to draw the buffalo and shrimp on the first slide.
- I uploaded the screenshots on separate slides in Doodlecast Pro.
- I made a final slide with the word SharePoint as the final slide.
- I made a recording of each slide.
- I uploaded the movie into YouTube.
- I embeded the YouTube movie into SharePoint for staff to view.
I am exploring using various screencasts apps on the iPad and will try to share more on this blog from time to time as I create them. Below is the Doodlecast Pro movie.