Now that I have some lists, I decided to try out TweetDeck. TweetDeck lets you have several columns open at one time. It looks like a spread sheet. The program automatically opened these three columns, which can be changed, but which make sense to me:
- Timeline (These are all the people I follow in one column)
- Interactions (These are people who have followed, favorited, or mentioned me)
- Messages (These are messages sent to me)
I added additional lists:
- A list of educators I created earlier this week
- A search column (for instance I found some interesting tweets when I searched “iPad K12”)
- A column for a list compiled by someone I follow
- A column for #edtech
Finally, I added a column for a private list.
I hated TweetDeck at first, but perked up when I discovered I could change the background from black to white. Overall, it’s pretty cool with eight columns across my Mac constantly updating. With all these messages flying in from around the world I feel as though with a bit more practice I could apply during the holiday season as a part-time air traffic controller at O’Hare.